Hello, book fans! I feel like it’s been forever since I’ve done a tag and I feel like it’s been a while since I’ve been on top of doing stuff for the blog. I feel a little bit bad about neglecting my blog-sibilities, but I have to admit that I have just been really busy lately and haven’t had a lot of time to spend on blogging. (Sometimes when I am procrastinating on work, I am unable to spend any time on anything else that might be productive. It’s weird). One of my resolutions this year is to be better at the blog, so I wanted to write this post up for you.
Book I’ve Just Finished:
- Four Found Dead by Natalie D. Richards – This is a fast paced, time limited, yound adult thriller that is publishing in May. I gave it four stars because I enjoyed the pacing and plot but struggled with aspects of the writing. There will be a full review of this up on the blog closer to it’s May publication date.
Book I am Reading Now/Next:
- The Cartographers by Peng Shepherd – I tend to be a mood reader (which is why I have stopped TBR posts), so I don’t really know what I will read next specifically. However, I do know that my book club with other staff members at my school is reading this one for our February meeting. That means I need to get it read pretty quickly so I can discuss it with the group.
Favourite Place to Read:
- I think my favourite place to read is any place that I can read. That’s a really terrible cop out of an answer, but I just really love reading and when I get the opportunity, I really appreciate that opportunity. I tend to read wherever and whenever I can, which makes the world my oyester when it comes to reading.
Tenth Book on Your To Read List/Pile:
- I don’t really have a TBR list/pile. I have many, many unread books though. If I sort my books owned spreadsheet, the 10th book that I haven’t read is Into the Crooked Place by Alexandra Christo.
Top 3 Books You’d Recommend That You’ve Read This Year:
- The Push by Ashley Audrain
- Dig by A.S. King
- The Box in the Woods by Maureen Johnson.
Authors You Discovered this Year and Would Highly Recommend:
- As it’s January, I don’t have any on this list that I haven’t read anything else from. I have a new love for A.S. King after reading Dig though.
Last 5 Books Purchased:
- Just the Nicest Couple by Mary Kubica
- Mysteries of Thorn Manor by Margaret Rogerson
- Hell Bent by Leigh Bardugo
- The Stolen Heir by Holly Black
- How to Sell a Haunted House by Grady Hendrix
Thanks for reading! What have you read so far this year?