Thanksgiving has rolled around in Canada and I thought it might be a good time to talk about some things that I’m thankful for.
1. My family – I love my family. I am very lucky to have a good relationship with my parents and brother. I am lucky to be able to go visit them when I want and know that I will be welcomed.
2. My friends – I have some amazing friends both in real life and online. I’m not always so good at reaching out to them and asking for help when I need it, but I know that they’re there for me if I really need them to be.
3. My boyfriend – We haven’t even been together for a year yet, but I feel so grateful to have him in my life. He’s a wonderful human being for many reasons, one of which is that he read Harry Potter for me. I love him a lot.
4. My job – I love teaching so much. It’s one of those things that makes me want to pull my hair out sometimes, but it’s so rewarding. Every time a kid reads and loves a book I recommended to them, every time a kid loves Shakespeare because of me… I just love teaching. It’s not a job for everyone, but I know that it’s the job for me.
5. Books – Reading has been something I’ve had for almost as long as I can remember. I can’t really remember times when I couldn’t read. I remember signing out Nancy Drew books when I was younger, and I remember falling in love with Harry Potter. I remember trips to the library and reading and re-reading my favourites over and over again.
What are you thankful for?